The Student News Site of Sevastopol High School

the Pioneer Chips

the Pioneer Chips

the Pioneer Chips

Sweets and Sours (01/29-02/02)

Every week, the newspaper staff rounds up what they think to be sweet and sour. This is their opinion. They do consider the student body’s ideas, but this is not meant as a representation of the entire student body.

Sweet

The staff would like to welcome Mr. Dahlstromm to Sevastopol officially. Many students have commented that he has already helped them understand factoring much better!

The parking spots are back!  The snow has melted, and we can see where to park again.

Though this happened last week, we can’t go without mentioning the boys basketball team winning their second game of the season. Nice job, Frankie de Young on your triple double.

Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow on Friday. You know what that means, spring is on it’s way.

Sour

The bubbler in the English hallway needs to be relocated. It causes a traffic jam between every period. The hallways are not wide enough!

New resource or the resource draft has created confusion. Why can’t teachers just pull students they want to see rather than change up everyone’s schedule?

The mysterious “hold” last week still has us scratching our heads. Regardless of the reason, we always feel a bit of fear when any sort of hold or lockdown is called on the loudspeaker.

An ominous fog rolled into town this week. An old wive’s tail predicts that 90 days after a big fog, a large snowstorm will come. That would put it at the end of March!