National Honor Society Hosts Annual Pancake Dinner

For the second year, the National Honor Society hosted a pancake supper. This event was open to the entire community and was held at Sevastopol School on March 30. All donations went to senior scholarships. Overall, the pancake supper raised over $2,000. This year, the supper partnered with the Fine Arts Fair.

“I think the combination of the Fine Arts Fair and the supper contributed to our great turnout this year,” English teacher and NHS adviser Heather Spetz said. “I am anticipating an even bigger turnout next year.”

The event’s food was donated to the NHS chapter from local farms and meat markets. These included Marchant’s Meats for bacon, DoorKarma Farms for sausage, Fellner Orchards for apples, and Jorns Sugar Bush for fresh maple syrup.

Accompanying the pancake supper was Sevastopol’s first Fine Arts Fair, where students could showcase their artistic abilities.

“The turnout of the event exceeded all expectations. Attendance was high,” Middle and high school art teacher Klayton Kindt said. “The enthusiasm and support shown by the community towards the student artwork was an essential outreach to let students know that art has value, and, more importantly, that artists have value.”